St Pete Beach Weddings
St Pete Beach is a very popular place to get married, and it’s easy to see why. The biggest worry those who are planning an outdoor ceremony usually have is the weather. In this part of Florida we get about 360 sunshine days a year, so that worry can melt away. It’s almost 100% certain it won’t rain on your special day.
St Pete Beach weddings also have an unbeatable backdrop of clean white sand, gentle waves, and the beautiful blue Gulf reaching out to the horizon with only an island or two and a few boats in sight.
Inn on the Beach is a popular choice for honeymooning couples, as a reception venue, and as a place for the whole party to stay. We can also host the ceremony but most people prefer the beach, so here is some useful information to help you plan a beach wedding in the St Petersburg Beach area:
- The beach alongside St Petersburg itself is quite built up, and is heavily dotted with restaurants and bars. It’s busy at all times of day but especially towards evening. Pass-A-Grille Beach, down the southern end of St Pete Beach, is a better wedding venue- especially if you want to take advantage of our beautiful sunsets as backdrop.
- Pass-A-Grille Beach is a fairly popular wedding location but isn’t too crowded. The mornings in particular tend to be nice and quiet.
- Most beach weddings are small, although of course you can invite as many as you like. When deciding on the guest list, think about parking (this is available in Pass-A-Grille on a paid basis or there is free parking for guests at Inn on the Beach), how many people will be able to see the ceremony, and catering.
- Flat shoes are recommended if you want to be married on the sand.
- Music can really add something special. Choose a guitar player or a musician who doesn’t mind playing on the beach!
We recommend and work with some local talented and professional wedding planners who will make your dream wedding carefree and just like you want it. Self-directed events are not permitted. Get in touch to find out more or make a booking.